|Posted by nationalforestlawblog on October 16, 2011 at 10:40 AM|
Will the Forest ban hunting and snowmobiling in response to Kurt Meister's lawsuit? If you're concerned, feel free to voice your opinions at these upcoming public meetings. You can also read more about the upcoming meetings and the state of the decisionmaking process at the Chicago Tribune.
PUBLIC COMMENT MEETINGS
The U.S. Forest Service will hold public meetings to explain the process of modifying its land management plan and accept public comments at the following locations. All meetings are from 4 to 8 p.m.
● Holiday Inn Express, 12150 Dixie Highway, Birch Run, Oct. 31.
● Huron Shores Ranger Station, 5761 North Skeel Road, Oscoda, Oct. 31.
● Westin Hotel, 1500 Town Center, Southfield, Nov. 1.
● Mio Ranger Station, 107 McKinley Road, Mio, Nov. 1.
● Causeway Bay Hotel, 6820 South Cedar, Lansing, Nov. 2.
● Days Inn, 1462 U.S. 31 South, Manistee, Nov. 2.
● Crowne Plaza, 57000 E. 28th St., Grand Rapids, Nov. 3.
● Pleasant Plains Township Hall, 885 Eighth St., Baldwin, Nov. 3.